CERRITOS, Calif. (June 30, 2010) - Plustek Technology Inc. (www.plustek.com/usa), a manufacturer of imaging devices (including portable scanners, sheet fed/flat bed scanners, wide format scanners) and network video recorders for IP cameras, today announced the EZ BookScan Center, a standalone scanning system ideal for public location uses that scans large books and documents for preservation, digitization of content and sharing. In addition, the EZ BookScan Center facilitates a green environment by reducing paper, toner and ink usage normally associated with copying books on a Multfunction Device or copier.
The EZ BookScan Center is an USB 2.0 scanning device that can scan a large format A3-size page in just 2.5 seconds. Easy to use, the EZ BookScan Center’s touch-screen display guide prompts the user through the scanning process enabling them to scan and save books, bound materials and documents in a variety of formats. The fast scan speed and intuitive user interface enables users to efficiently scan their items in the shortest time possible. The EZ BookScan Center scans thick books without unbinding or dismantling them, making it a perfect solution for digitizing and preserving precious and valuable books. The EZ BookScan Center is priced at US $4,999 and is an ideal solution for libraries, schools, publishing companies, hospitals, law firms and financial institutions.
EZ BookScan Center Features:
- SEE Technology (Shadow Elimination Element) for scanning from the spine to the edge of the book without distortion
- Self guided touch screen operation
- Large format scanning (A3 size, up to 12" x 17")
- Ultra High speed scanning - 2.5 seconds at 300dpi A3 color scanning (up to 600dpi)
- Highly effective image processing
- Multiple output options including: email, network shared folders, portable USB drives, and printers